Sedangkan Kucing Pun Ada Minat Tersendiri, Inikan Pula Manusia

Salam. Hi, weirdos!

Wanna know a secret? Well, it's not literally a secret but let's just say that I'm going to buka pekung di dada sendiri. I don't really mind to share some of the negative sides of me. You know what? Because aku buka pekung di dada sendiri, not dada orang lain.

Sometimes, I really want to know what people think of my written works. Are they talking bad or good about 'Alahai Jijah', 'Beruno' and 'Kerana Basikal Biru'? Maybe for some of you that others' opinions are not really important. But yes, they are for me. It helps me to reconstruct my works, fix where applicable and of course repair a little bit of my 'inner' self.

Based on what I get from my little 'random observations', Malaysian readers do not enjoy children novels as much as I do. It is totally fine by me. I respect their interests. I grow up by reading Bob Stine's books. So children books are part of my childhood. Tell you what, I don't even know many Malaysian writers until I put myself into this industry. I also never read any Malay novels before. The first novel I read was back at year 2010 - 'Seikat Kembang Merah' and it was superb. Tahniah, saudara Imaen! (:

Here, let me explain why I love to read children novels more than I love the adults or chick-lit one. For me, children novel is all about fantasy. It can be weird, happy, sad, crazy, creepy but enjoyable at the same time. The best part is it can be anything! Readers (and writers too) don't have to think deeply about the issue raised. Unlike some adult novels that I read (less than 10 I guess), the problems are too damn much. And the problems are sometimes just plain stupid. The problems are actually can be solved in less than 1 day but writers are trying very hard to make it long. Frankly say, this is what I call 'meleret'.

Unlike children novels, they are more straight to the point in stating situations and issues, more clear storyline and nice language usage. People nowadays care less about the language usage. I am literally hate when writers used short forms. Kau belajar Bahasa Melayu kan? So use what you have learnt wisely, boleh tak? You are not idiots. You are just trying very hard to be one. It's insane to see how people try to downgrade themselves. :/

Final words, if you don't like children novels, just don't bother to buy okay? You'll end up cursing and swearing like idiots. As for me, adult and chick-lit novels are not my favourites. So I borrow them from friends when I feel like it. If I don't like the story, I'll give it back to the owner as simple as that. No money to waste. No time to waste. Just read what makes you comfortable.

But please, don't insult the writers. You have no idea how hard to write a novel. Back to the basic - respect them.


Bye, weirdos! Salam.

0 kongsifacai.:

Post a Comment

Bila korang nak kongsi, korang kongsi. Okey?

 
Bila aku nak kongsi, © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects
Edited by Dihsar Ludba Haqifa